Diversity is what makes someone or an experience unique. It can include race, gender, sexual orientation, educational experiences, life experiences, culture, languages, and more. How will diversity affect my teaching? One must be willing to embrace diversity in order to be an effective teacher of anything. Not one student will ever be the same as any other student. One teaching technique or experience will not work for all students. To embrace diversity means to be willing to accept change and learn new ideas. Accepting diversity also means to be willing to acknowledge one's own biases.
In my opinion, diversity is understanding that we are all unique individuals. We all have a past and we all come from different worlds. Each of us has been through different experiences that have shaped us into who we are today. In the classroom, it is important to use the diversity of your students in order to get a wide perspective on a subject. By using the information that other students provide, the students gain new knowledge and they use one another as a resource. As educators, we shouldn’t shut the door to the childrens experiences but rather use them to our advantage and to the students’ advantage.
Diversity is the differences between individuals. Everyone is different and comes from different backgrounds or places. Diversity can include gender, race, religion, ethnicity, culture, sexuality, social class, etc. In my classroom, I plan to teach students using different materials including all of these diverse populations. I also plan to teach to the individual. If I have a student in my classroom that is Muslim, for example, I plan on researching anything I can on this religion, so I can relate to this student and maybe understand where they are coming from. I think being a well-rounded teacher is important, and I plan on making the effort to understand all of my students so they may have a good learning experience in my classroom.
Diversity is the differences each and every one of us has. Diversity is what makes us all unique. We are different in how we learn, our backgrounds, our religion, where we are from and many other areas. In education is it becoming even more important that we expose our student different situations as well as different cultures. Now and in the future diversity will be ever so present in my teaching. It appears in the way I teach as well as what I teach. As our society because more of a melting pot, educators are going to have to teach about all the cultures we may see in our classroom.
Diversity is a mixture of many things, diversity is also a combination of many things. In our nation we are made up of many different races, religions, views, and cultures; we are a diverse nation. Diversity in an instruction point of view for myself would be to bring in a combination of many teaching instruction, attitudes, teaching styles, and way to bring a subject to students attention. An instructor must bring a diverse amount of teaching strategies in order to tech students whom are more and more diverse.
Diversity is the celebration of different backgrounds, cultures, experiences, people, families, languages and so much more. Every classroom is diverse whether it is in culture, experiences, academic ability, who has brown eyes or who has green eyes. Diversity is an opportunity to teach students that we are all similar but it’s our differences that make us who we are. As a teacher, it is important to recognize our differences and bring them into the classroom to celebrate and learn about. It is an opportunity to make more meaningful links by connecting the material or the story to a student(s) in the class.
Diversity means 1. Variety 2. Social Inclusiveness 3. Discrepancy.
How will diversity effect my future instruction? Diversity will effect every portion of my future teaching skills. Or it should at least. Diversity in ones teaching abilities, or activities can make or break a students success. No student learns the same way as another student. I am not talking big changes but small changes like the length of the assignment, the format of the questions, the way the lesson is taught. One on one, large group, small group. These changes can create a huge jump in a students academic abilities.
Diversity is more than just race and ethnicity; it is disability, color of skin, and ethnic groups all together. Diversity is based off many factors, relating to all of the areas just explained. I think diversity is based off of SES too. When considering diversity in a classroom, a teacher needs to look at many factors. When teaching a diverse classroom, it is important to consider where everyone comes from. Student’s backgrounds are important and a teacher needs to keep this in mind. In Southern Illinois, this biggest type of diversity that I have seen so far in most schools, excluding certain districts, relates to SES. Teacher’s need to use multiple means of presenting material such as, power point, lecture, and taped readings. Include subjects in different cultures into your lessons, and present materials in primary languages for non-speaking English learners. When considering SES, make sure you understand your student’s situation and get to know your students. Diversity comes in many different ways, teachers have to incorporate many different ways to accommodate their students.
Diversity is a word that is simple to understand but more difficult to provide a definition for. Synonyms for diversity are variety and difference, courtesy of dictionary.com. Diversity in the classroom simply means that there are different students in the class. The difference may be related to gender, race, religion, or sexual orientation.
As a teacher you must know what kinds of diversity you have in the class in order to tailor your instruction for them all to be able to learn in a safe environment that meets their needs.
Diversity is the differences between each and everyone. Everyone is unique which makes planning for instruction a constant struggle for a teacher. As a teacher I can plan to learn and research about my students’ background. It is also important to remember that all students are diverse which means one plan of instruction will not work for all students.
When I think of diversity I think of not just people of different ethnic groups, their thoughts, ideas and beliefs, but also a persons individual ability to learn. Diversity is what makes us unique. I am an early childhood teacher and I believe in DAP(developmentally appropriate practice) and meeting the child where they are at in ability and then to scaffold from there. Knowing what I know now, I am very aware of the diverse needs of children and how different each individual child learns. I will make sure that I get to know my students and their background, not just educationally but culturally, because this plays an important role in how they will learn. Diversity will shape my teaching in that I do the proper assessments to know where my students are and then diversify my teaching to meet the needs of each of my students because I know that all students learn differently and that is where diversity takes place.
Diversity is not only different races and ethnicity is the differences between each of us. There is also diversity in how each of us learns. Diversity is apparent in every classroom and in order for a teacher to efficiently teach all of his or her students they must apply many different strategies that will meet the needs of each student. One way for a teacher to meet the different needs would be to provide different forms of representation, such as visual aids or audio for the students. One thing that I plan to use in my classroom is to take all of the different cultures in the room and study them therefore everyone can develop an appreciation of each other.
Each student that walks into my classroom has different experiences and prior knowledge that come along with them. Educators must realize that the differences between each student, known as diversity, needs to be addressed when you plan your curriculum and instruction. As we all know, every child learns differently. It is important that educators have a text rich environment allowing students to have access to text that relates to their culture, language, experiences, gender, race, and education. You must be willing to accept this diversity in the classroom and shape your teaching around their differences.
Diversity can be approached in two ways. Diversity in instruction by providing a wide range of instruction to all learners and diversity in relation to religion, culture, race, etc. When in a classroom you have a very diverse community of learners. As a teacher it is your duty to provide multiple opportunities to learn. It also your duty to provide a wide range of material within the classroom. For example, when talking about literature make sure that you are bringing in genres and topics from all cultures in your room. This gives everyone the opportunity to learn about "other cultures or religion" that they are not familiar with. Keep in mind when talking about religion to keep your personal opinion and views out of the discussion. Do not make any generalizations about any particular religion or culture for that matter. All students are different and come from different backgrounds, give them an opportunity to share themselves with others.
Diversity is something I have been thinking a lot about lately. I’ve recently begun taking a class through SIU that deals with differentiated instruction and it has gotten me to re-evaluate some of the things I’m doing in the classroom. During my undergrad at SIU I remember all of the countless lesson plans I had to create and how I had to place in my lesson plans how I would differentiate instruction. To be completely honest, I would often just allow extra time for students to complete assignments, but looking back, extra time is not going to help someone who does not know what he or she should be doing in the first place! Diversity can mean many different things. It can involve student’s background, and although the most obvious backgrounds include cultural and social, there are many more. There is diversity in ways that students learn, hear, see, understand, engage, and relate. As I continue to teach I need to take into account that my students come from very different backgrounds, homes, languages, experiences, and lifestyles. To be effective I am going to have to find out what works for my students and teach to all students, and, if something doesn’t work, I’m going to have to use my resources and find something that will work because all students have a right to learn and I have a job to teach them.
Diversity is differences between individuals. The term diversity can be used in all types of environments and settings. Diversity is used in race, gender, disability, ethnic background and class. When planning in instruction I will have to design lessons or units to meet the needs of my diverse students. According to my definition of diversity the lesson needs to be accommodating the student’s ethnic background. Students that have a different ethnic background that transfer in from other schools might not have the prerequisite skills need to know the concepts the teacher is trying to teach. It is the teacher’s responsibility to accommodate the student. Also, I will students with different disabilities learn at a different pace and teaching style. So in the classroom all paces and teaching styles should be used so that all students can learn the given material. Diversity is a board topic that encompasses all parts of instruction.
Diversity is fluid and situational to people, occupations, cultures, personnel perceptions, experiences, and settings; therefore as a teacher, my instruction must be fluid also. The implications of diversity shaping my profession are enormous. With recent studies reporting that problems in reading are particularly severe for disadvantaged students including both minority students and social economical students, I will be faced with students everyday who are diverse from one another and from me. I must learn about them and their families and use that information to advance my classroom and their learning.
To me diversity in the classroom is about the differences in the students. This could include race, religion, ses, learning ability, country of origin, and language, amoung many others. For the classroom the goal is to provide quality educational experience that take all this in to account and make it a positive.
Diversity is the unique qualities that we all possess that set us apart from those around us. Diversity can describe race, gender, socio-economic status, age, physical abilities, ways of learning, religious beliefs, etc. It is important to show acceptance and respect to each student’s unique, diverse characteristics. The teacher’s responsibility is to model acceptance so that the students know how to treat each other with acceptance and respect. It is important to incorporate these differences into the learning environment so that students can learn from each other. Every individual is diverse, so it is important to explore those differences in a safe and positive learning environment. It is about understanding each other as individuals and embracing the diversity in each individual and classroom. It is also important in the classroom to vary instruction to meet each individual need in the classroom. Every student learns in a different way so it is important to make that information click for all learners.
Diversity is what makes someone or an experience unique. It can include race, gender, sexual orientation, educational experiences, life experiences, culture, languages, and more. How will diversity affect my teaching? One must be willing to embrace diversity in order to be an effective teacher of anything. Not one student will ever be the same as any other student. One teaching technique or experience will not work for all students. To embrace diversity means to be willing to accept change and learn new ideas. Accepting diversity also means to be willing to acknowledge one's own biases.
ReplyDeleteIn my opinion, diversity is understanding that we are all unique individuals. We all have a past and we all come from different worlds. Each of us has been through different experiences that have shaped us into who we are today. In the classroom, it is important to use the diversity of your students in order to get a wide perspective on a subject. By using the information that other students provide, the students gain new knowledge and they use one another as a resource. As educators, we shouldn’t shut the door to the childrens experiences but rather use them to our advantage and to the students’ advantage.
ReplyDeleteDiversity is the differences between individuals. Everyone is different and comes from different backgrounds or places. Diversity can include gender, race, religion, ethnicity, culture, sexuality, social class, etc. In my classroom, I plan to teach students using different materials including all of these diverse populations. I also plan to teach to the individual. If I have a student in my classroom that is Muslim, for example, I plan on researching anything I can on this religion, so I can relate to this student and maybe understand where they are coming from. I think being a well-rounded teacher is important, and I plan on making the effort to understand all of my students so they may have a good learning experience in my classroom.
ReplyDeleteDiversity is the differences each and every one of us has. Diversity is what makes us all unique. We are different in how we learn, our backgrounds, our religion, where we are from and many other areas. In education is it becoming even more important that we expose our student different situations as well as different cultures. Now and in the future diversity will be ever so present in my teaching. It appears in the way I teach as well as what I teach. As our society because more of a melting pot, educators are going to have to teach about all the cultures we may see in our classroom.
ReplyDeleteDiversity is a mixture of many things, diversity is also a combination of many things. In our nation we are made up of many different races, religions, views, and cultures; we are a diverse nation. Diversity in an instruction point of view for myself would be to bring in a combination of many teaching instruction, attitudes, teaching styles, and way to bring a subject to students attention. An instructor must bring a diverse amount of teaching strategies in order to tech students whom are more and more diverse.
ReplyDeleteDiversity is the celebration of different backgrounds, cultures, experiences, people, families, languages and so much more. Every classroom is diverse whether it is in culture, experiences, academic ability, who has brown eyes or who has green eyes. Diversity is an opportunity to teach students that we are all similar but it’s our differences that make us who we are. As a teacher, it is important to recognize our differences and bring them into the classroom to celebrate and learn about. It is an opportunity to make more meaningful links by connecting the material or the story to a student(s) in the class.
ReplyDeleteDiversity means 1. Variety 2. Social Inclusiveness 3. Discrepancy.
ReplyDeleteHow will diversity effect my future instruction? Diversity will effect every portion of my future teaching skills. Or it should at least. Diversity in ones teaching abilities, or activities can make or break a students success. No student learns the same way as another student. I am not talking big changes but small changes like the length of the assignment, the format of the questions, the way the lesson is taught. One on one, large group, small group. These changes can create a huge jump in a students academic abilities.
Diversity is more than just race and ethnicity; it is disability, color of skin, and ethnic groups all together. Diversity is based off many factors, relating to all of the areas just explained. I think diversity is based off of SES too. When considering diversity in a classroom, a teacher needs to look at many factors. When teaching a diverse classroom, it is important to consider where everyone comes from. Student’s backgrounds are important and a teacher needs to keep this in mind. In Southern Illinois, this biggest type of diversity that I have seen so far in most schools, excluding certain districts, relates to SES. Teacher’s need to use multiple means of presenting material such as, power point, lecture, and taped readings. Include subjects in different cultures into your lessons, and present materials in primary languages for non-speaking English learners. When considering SES, make sure you understand your student’s situation and get to know your students. Diversity comes in many different ways, teachers have to incorporate many different ways to accommodate their students.
ReplyDeleteDiversity is a word that is simple to understand but more difficult to provide a definition for. Synonyms for diversity are variety and difference, courtesy of dictionary.com. Diversity in the classroom simply means that there are different students in the class. The difference may be related to gender, race, religion, or sexual orientation.
ReplyDeleteAs a teacher you must know what kinds of diversity you have in the class in order to tailor your instruction for them all to be able to learn in a safe environment that meets their needs.
Diversity is the differences between each and everyone. Everyone is unique which makes planning for instruction a constant struggle for a teacher. As a teacher I can plan to learn and research about my students’ background. It is also important to remember that all students are diverse which means one plan of instruction will not work for all students.
ReplyDeleteWhen I think of diversity I think of not just people of different ethnic groups, their thoughts, ideas and beliefs, but also a persons individual ability to learn. Diversity is what makes us unique. I am an early childhood teacher and I believe in DAP(developmentally appropriate practice) and meeting the child where they are at in ability and then to scaffold from there. Knowing what I know now, I am very aware of the diverse needs of children and how different each individual child learns. I will make sure that I get to know my students and their background, not just educationally but culturally, because this plays an important role in how they will learn. Diversity will shape my teaching in that I do the proper assessments to know where my students are and then diversify my teaching to meet the needs of each of my students because I know that all students learn differently and that is where diversity takes place.
ReplyDeleteDiversity is not only different races and ethnicity is the differences between each of us. There is also diversity in how each of us learns. Diversity is apparent in every classroom and in order for a teacher to efficiently teach all of his or her students they must apply many different strategies that will meet the needs of each student. One way for a teacher to meet the different needs would be to provide different forms of representation, such as visual aids or audio for the students. One thing that I plan to use in my classroom is to take all of the different cultures in the room and study them therefore everyone can develop an appreciation of each other.
ReplyDeleteEach student that walks into my classroom has different experiences and prior knowledge that come along with them. Educators must realize that the differences between each student, known as diversity, needs to be addressed when you plan your curriculum and instruction. As we all know, every child learns differently. It is important that educators have a text rich environment allowing students to have access to text that relates to their culture, language, experiences, gender, race, and education. You must be willing to accept this diversity in the classroom and shape your teaching around their differences.
ReplyDeleteDiversity can be approached in two ways. Diversity in instruction by providing a wide range of instruction to all learners and diversity in relation to religion, culture, race, etc.
ReplyDeleteWhen in a classroom you have a very diverse community of learners. As a teacher it is your duty to provide multiple opportunities to learn. It also your duty to provide a wide range of material within the classroom. For example, when talking about literature make sure that you are bringing in genres and topics from all cultures in your room. This gives everyone the opportunity to learn about "other cultures or religion" that they are not familiar with. Keep in mind when talking about religion to keep your personal opinion and views out of the discussion. Do not make any generalizations about any particular religion or culture for that matter. All students are different and come from different backgrounds, give them an opportunity to share themselves with others.
Diversity is something I have been thinking a lot about lately. I’ve recently begun taking a class through SIU that deals with differentiated instruction and it has gotten me to re-evaluate some of the things I’m doing in the classroom. During my undergrad at SIU I remember all of the countless lesson plans I had to create and how I had to place in my lesson plans how I would differentiate instruction. To be completely honest, I would often just allow extra time for students to complete assignments, but looking back, extra time is not going to help someone who does not know what he or she should be doing in the first place! Diversity can mean many different things. It can involve student’s background, and although the most obvious backgrounds include cultural and social, there are many more. There is diversity in ways that students learn, hear, see, understand, engage, and relate. As I continue to teach I need to take into account that my students come from very different backgrounds, homes, languages, experiences, and lifestyles. To be effective I am going to have to find out what works for my students and teach to all students, and, if something doesn’t work, I’m going to have to use my resources and find something that will work because all students have a right to learn and I have a job to teach them.
ReplyDeleteDiversity is differences between individuals. The term diversity can be used in all types of environments and settings. Diversity is used in race, gender, disability, ethnic background and class. When planning in instruction I will have to design lessons or units to meet the needs of my diverse students. According to my definition of diversity the lesson needs to be accommodating the student’s ethnic background. Students that have a different ethnic background that transfer in from other schools might not have the prerequisite skills need to know the concepts the teacher is trying to teach. It is the teacher’s responsibility to accommodate the student. Also, I will students with different disabilities learn at a different pace and teaching style. So in the classroom all paces and teaching styles should be used so that all students can learn the given material. Diversity is a board topic that encompasses all parts of instruction.
ReplyDeleteDiversity is fluid and situational to people, occupations, cultures, personnel perceptions, experiences, and settings; therefore as a teacher, my instruction must be fluid also. The implications of diversity shaping my profession are enormous. With recent studies reporting that problems in reading are particularly severe for disadvantaged students including both minority students and social economical students, I will be faced with students everyday who are diverse from one another and from me. I must learn about them and their families and use that information to advance my classroom and their learning.
ReplyDeleteTo me diversity in the classroom is about the differences in the students. This could include race, religion, ses, learning ability, country of origin, and language, amoung many others. For the classroom the goal is to provide quality educational experience that take all this in to account and make it a positive.
ReplyDeleteDiversity is the unique qualities that we all possess that set us apart from those around us. Diversity can describe race, gender, socio-economic status, age, physical abilities, ways of learning, religious beliefs, etc. It is important to show acceptance and respect to each student’s unique, diverse characteristics. The teacher’s responsibility is to model acceptance so that the students know how to treat each other with acceptance and respect. It is important to incorporate these differences into the learning environment so that students can learn from each other. Every individual is diverse, so it is important to explore those differences in a safe and positive learning environment.
ReplyDeleteIt is about understanding each other as individuals and embracing the diversity in each individual and classroom. It is also important in the classroom to vary instruction to meet each individual need in the classroom. Every student learns in a different way so it is important to make that information click for all learners.